Give Fat The Boot! Fat-Busting Recipes From Ani’s 15-Day Fat Blast: Asian Cabbage Salad With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Ways To Make Cabbage: Guide To Cook Cabbage With Cabbage Recipe
Phase 2 Melt Down
Ani’s 15-Day Fat Blast: The Kick-Ass Plan to Get Lighter, Tighter, and Sexier . . . Super Fast by Ani Phyo
(Da Capo Lifelong Books, 2012, $24)
Asian Cabbage Salad With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
From the author: “This salad is full of prebiotics that will help the ’Bots (probiotics) eat up your belly fat. I created this salad to be reminiscent of Southeast Asia by using the simple, fresh, bright flavors of fresh mint, cilantro and basil. It’s colorful and pretty. Add on nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor sprinkle. One ounce of nutritional yeast contains 14 grams of protein and 79 calories and is a great alternative to animal proteins.” Recipe makes one serving.
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage, or green cabbage, loosely packed
- 1 cup shredded carrot, about 1 whole
- 1/4 cup cucumber, sliced thinly into half-moons
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, freshly torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons basil leaves, freshly torn
- 2 tablespoons almonds, whole
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
From the author: “A quick and easy basic vinaigrette I like to use when I’m in a hurry or just feeling lazy. It’s packed with probiotics from the vinegar. I recommend making a couple batches and keeping it in a jar in the fridge, just like we keep bottled, store bought dressings. Ready to eat—only better!” Recipe makes two servings.
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- and 1 tablespoon flax or hemp oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
To make the salad, place all salad ingredients in a mixing bowl. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together ingredients in small bowl. To serve, toss salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Finish it with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast, if using, to add a cheesy flavor.
Cabbage may not be the most glamorous of vegetables, but it’s definitely one of the most versatile. From sauteed cabbage to stuffed cabbage rolls, there are endless ways to enjoy this humble vegetable. You can fry cabbage for a crispy texture, braise it until it’s tender, or roast it until it’s caramelized. There are many different varieties of cabbage, from green cabbage to Napa cabbage, and each one has its own unique flavor and texture. We’ve gathered some of the best cabbage recipes to make, including classic cabbage dishes like coleslaw and boiled cabbage, as well as more creative recipes like grilled cabbage and Ethiopian cabbage. Whether you love cabbage or are just learning how to cook with it, we’ll teach you how to cook cabbage perfectly, so that you can enjoy its delicious crunch and crisp texture.
Types Of Cabbage And How To Use Them In Your Cooking
Cabbage is a versatile and nutritious vegetable that can be used in many different ways in the kitchen. There are plenty of delicious ways to enjoy cabbage. In this post, we’ll explore the different types of cabbage and how to use them in your cooking.
Head Of Cabbage is the most popular cabbage variety. It’s the one you see in the grocery store that has a round shape and green leaves. The head of cabbage is great for making cabbage slaw, roasted cabbage, and braised cabbage.
Shredded Cabbage slaw, add shredded cabbage and carrots to a bowl and toss with mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Savoy Cabbage is a tender and sweeter variety of cabbage that’s perfect for salads and stir-fries. This type of cabbage has a crinkled texture and green leaves.
Chinese Cabbage also known as Napa cabbage, is a staple in Asian cuisine. It’s a great choice for making stir-fries, soups, and salads. Chinese cabbage has a milder flavor than other cabbage varieties and is often used in slaws and as a substitute for lettuce in sandwiches and wraps.
Cabbage With Bacon is our favorite way to use cabbage is to cook it with bacon. To make this dish, cook bacon until it’s crispy and then remove it from the pan. Add chopped cabbage to the pan with some bacon fat and cook until it’s caramelized.
Cabbage and noodles is an easy recipe that’s perfect for a quick and comforting meal. To make this dish, cook cabbage on the stove until it’s tender and then add cooked noodles. Toss with salt, pepper, and a little bit of butter, and you’ve got a delicious meal.
Cabbage And Noodles is another simple and delicious way to use this humble vegetable. To make roasted cabbage, slice the cabbage into wedges and then brush with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until the cabbage is tender and crispy.
Cabbage Slaw is a popular side dish that’s perfect for BBQs and picnics. To make a simple slaw, mix shredded green cabbage with mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. For a crunchier slaw, add some shredded carrots or sliced onions.
Cabbage And Chicken is a great vegetable to pair with chicken. To make a simple cabbage and chicken dish, cook chicken breasts in a pan until they’re browned on both sides. Then remove the chicken from the pan and add sliced cabbage.
Creative Ways To Cook Cabbage From Grilled To Stuffed Rolls
To start, cut the cabbage into large, sturdy leaves and grill them until they begin to crisp up. Next, prepare some juicy pork chops and add them to the cabbage leaves. Roll the cabbage tightly around the pork, securing each roll with a toothpick.
Now it’s time to let the cabbage rolls cook in the oven until they’re tender and delicious. As you wait, you can experiment with different ways to cook cabbage – from simple recipes to more complex dishes. Whether you like cabbage raw or cooked, there’s much to love about this versatile veggie.
When the stuffed cabbage rolls are ready, serve them hot and enjoy the delicious flavors. Cabbage is delicious when paired with pork chops, and this recipe is a great way to learn how to cook cabbage in a new and exciting way. So next time you’re in the mood for a healthy and satisfying meal, give these stuffed cabbage rolls a try!
How To Make The Best Coleslaw And Other Cabbage Dishes
Here’s how to make the best coleslaw and other cabbage side dishes:
- Best Coleslaw: Shred one head of cabbage and one carrot and toss with a simple dressing of mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Let the coleslaw chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges: Cut a head of cabbage in half and then into wedges. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
- Caramelized Cabbage: Cut a head of cabbage into thin strips and sauté in butter or oil over medium heat until browned and caramelized. Season with salt and pepper and serve as a side dish.
- Crunchy Cabbage Salad: Shred cabbage and toss with sliced red onion, chopped cilantro, and a dressing of lime juice, honey, and olive oil. Top with chopped peanuts for extra crunch.
- Fried Cabbage: Cut a head of cabbage into thin strips and sauté in bacon fat until tender and browned. Season with salt and pepper and serve as a side dish.
- Easy Cabbage Slaw: Shred cabbage and toss with a simple dressing of olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add shredded carrots or apples for extra flavor and texture.
- Cabbage and Carrot Stir-Fry: Cut cabbage and carrots into thin strips and stir-fry in a hot wok with garlic and ginger. Season with soy sauce and sesame oil for a quick and healthy side dish.
- Grilled Cabbage: Cut a head of cabbage into thick slices and brush with olive oil. Grill over high heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until charred and tender.
- Creamy Cabbage Gratin: Cut a head of cabbage into wedges and layer in a baking dish. Top with a mixture of cream, grated Parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Asian Cabbage Salad: Shred cabbage and toss with sliced scallions, chopped cilantro, and a dressing of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and honey. Top with chopped peanuts or toasted sesame seeds for extra crunch.
No matter how you prepare it, cabbage is a delicious and nutritious vegetable that’s versatile and easy to cook with.
Tips For Cooking Cabbage With Bacon Noodles And More
Here are some tips for cooking cabbage bacon noodles:
- Begin by slicing the cabbage into thin strips. Make sure to remove any tough stems and wash the cabbage thoroughly.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until it is crisp. Remove it from the skillet and set it aside, leaving the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet and cook it over medium-high heat until it is tender and slightly caramelized. This will bring out the natural sweetness of the cabbage.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions and add them to the skillet with the cabbage. Toss everything together until the noodles are coated in the bacon grease and the cabbage is evenly distributed.
- Crumble the bacon and add it back to the skillet. This will add a salty, smoky flavor to the dish that pairs perfectly with the sweet and crisp cabbage
Cabbage In International Cuisine: Ethiopian And Corned Beef And Cabbage
Cabbage is a versatile and nutritious vegetable that is widely used in many international cuisines. Two popular dishes that feature cabbage are Ethiopian Cabbage and Corned Beef and Cabbage.
In Ethiopian cuisine, cabbage is often sautéed with onions, garlic, and spices like turmeric and paprika. It can be served as a side dish or added to stews and other main dishes. To make Ethiopian Cabbage, start by heating oil in a pan and sautéing chopped onions and garlic. Add chopped cabbage and spices, and cook until the cabbage is tender.
Corned Beef and Cabbage is a classic dish that is popular in Irish-American cuisine. It typically consists of boiled corned beef, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. To make this dish, start by cooking the corned beef in a large pot of water with spices like bay leaves and peppercorns. Add chopped potatoes and carrots, and simmer until they are tender. Then add chopped cabbage and cook until it is wilted.
Some Best Easy Cabbage Recipe
- Chicken and Cabbage Stir-Fry: This easy cabbage recipe is a perfect way to use up much cabbage in your fridge. Begin by stir-frying chopped chicken and cabbage in a wok with some garlic and ginger. Add in some soy sauce and sesame oil for delicious flavor. Serve over rice or noodles for a satisfying meal.
- Cabbage and Carrot Slaw: This easy cabbage recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy side dish. Begin by shredding much cabbage and carrots and mixing them together in a bowl. Add in some olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of sugar. Toss everything together and let it marinate for a few hours. Serve cold as a refreshing side dish.
- Easy Cabbage Soup: This delicious cabbage soup is perfect for a chilly day. Begin by sautéing some onions and garlic in a pot. Add in chopped cabbage, diced potatoes, and chicken broth. Let everything simmer until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs for a comforting and flavorful soup.
- Cabbage and Sausage Skillet: This easy cabbage recipe is a one-pan wonder. Begin by browning some sausage in a skillet. Add in much cabbage and sliced onions and let everything cook together until the cabbage begins to wilt. Season with some smoked paprika and serve hot for a hearty and delicious meal.
- Cabbage Rolls: This classic dish is a delicious way to use up much cabbage. Begin by boiling a head of cabbage until the leaves are tender. Fill each leaf with a mixture of ground meat, rice, and herbs. Roll everything up and place the rolls in a baking dish. Cover with tomato sauce and bake until everything is hot and bubbly. Serve hot for a satisfying meal.
In conclusion, there are numerous delicious ways to prepare cabbage, from simple sauteed cabbage and grilled cabbage to more complex dishes such as stuffed cabbage rolls and napa cabbage salad. Cabbage pairs well with a variety of ingredients, including bacon, carrots, noodles, and chicken, and can be cooked on the stove, roasted, or caramelized for added flavor. Whether you prefer slaw, stuffed cabbage, or a unique dish like Ethiopian cabbage, there are many best cabbage recipes to choose from. So why not try experimenting with different varieties of cabbage and cut cabbage in new and exciting ways to discover your favorite cabbage dish and enjoy the many health benefits that come with eating cabbage.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you’ve still got questions about Ways to make cabbage, then these may help:
How to Make Sautéed Cabbage?
To make sautéed cabbage, heat olive oil in a skillet, add sliced cabbage, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned. Add garlic and onion for extra flavor. This healthy recipe is a delicious and easy way to eat cabbage, a humble vegetable that is both nutritious and affordable.
How To Make The Cabbage Soup?
To make cabbage soup, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil, add chopped cabbage and simmer with broth, canned tomatoes, and seasonings. This humble cabbage soup is simple, delicious and healthy, perfect for a hearty meal on a cold day. It’s also an affordable way to enjoy this versatile vegetable.
What Are Different Ways To Cook Red Cabbage?
Some of the best cabbage recipes include sauteed cabbage, caramelized cabbage, roasted cabbage, and grilled cabbage. If you’re looking for a quick and easy cabbage dish, you can fry cabbage or cook cabbage on the stove with some bacon, carrots, and noodles. For a more complex dish, you can try making stuffed cabbage rolls or an Ethiopian cabbage stew with chicken. And if you’re in the mood for something lighter, you can whip up a cabbage slaw or a Napa cabbage salad.
How To Make Cabbage Salad?
Cabbage salad is a delicious and healthy dish that can be enjoyed any time of year. To make a great cabbage salad, start with adding cabbage as the main ingredient. There are over 50 cabbage recipes to choose from, so you’ll be sure to find one to suit your tastes. For added flavor, use chicken broth in your recipe or try one of our favorite combinations – using a whole head of cabbage and pieces of chicken for a filling meal. Cabbage is one of the most versatile vegetables around and there are plenty of ways to enjoy it – from coleslaw, to boiled or steamed cabbage and even shredded in salads.
How Do You Pan Fry Cabbage?
Pan frying cabbage is a delicious way to prepare this versatile vegetable. Begin by cutting up the cabbage into pieces, taking care not to make them too small. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add the pieces of cabbage. Toss and stir them around for a few minutes until they begin to soften and turn golden-brown on the edges. For extra flavor, try adding garlic, onions or other vegetables such as carrots or bell peppers. If you want to make a full meal out of it, you can also add cooked chicken or shrimp for some protein. Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste before serving your delicious pan-fried cabbage with your favorite side dishes!