Benefits of Trying the Keto Carrot Cake at Home
It becomes difficult to follow your diet when it comes to maintaining it. If you are into a ketogenic diet, you might crave some healthy sweets, and you don’t have to feel bad for trying your favorite slice of cake. You can also try the keto carrot cake, which solves all your craving problems. Try the recipe which calls for a full cup of carrots, but they are low in carbs, so you don’t have to worry.
If you’ve been looking for a delicious carrot cake recipe, look no further! This keto carrot cake recipe has very few carb contents and is also gluten- and dairy-free. Instead of regular cream cheese, you can use fat-free cheese to make the frosting. The best part is that it has less fat and added nutrition factors. Keep reading to know the benefits and recipe of this carrot cake.
The cake has very few net carbs.
The cake has very few net carbs, which makes it an excellent option for those following a keto diet or those who want to cut back on their carbohydrate intake.
That’s right; you can enjoy your favorite cake and not feel bad about it. While most believe that carrot cake is healthy, several variations are laden with extra sugar and carbohydrates. This lighter, healthier version is loaded with fiber, minerals, healthy fats, walnuts, and protein. The ingredients of all three layers are simple, making this an easy dessert to prepare at home.
- Use almond flour instead of regular flour
- Use vanilla extract instead of vanilla sugar
- Use coconut flour instead of regular flour
- Use coconut oil instead of butter
- Use flaxseed meal instead of eggs
- Use cream cheese spread which melts easily, instead of cream cheese
Use of Healthy Cheese
The keto carrot cake recipe does not include regular cream cheese but “Reduced Fat Cream Cheese” and “Cream Cheese Spread” to make the frosting.
You can use any reduced-fat cream cheese and cream cheese spread. However, I recommend using a low-fat or zero-fat version as they are healthier than the regular ones.
Try this delicious keto carrot cake recipe at home
This keto carrot cake is a delicious and healthy treat for any special occasion. It’s so simple to make, but it looks and tastes like it would take hours in the kitchen.
What You Need:
- Carrot Cake Ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour (for a gluten-free option) or 1½ cups almond meal*
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly grated if possible) -⅛ teaspoon ground ginger (freshly grated if possible)* Optional ingredients: ½ cup walnuts, pecans, or almonds chopped finely -½ cup raisins or dried cranberries soaked in rum overnight before using -1/3 cup packed light brown sugar instead of stevia extract. If you use ripe bananas instead of stevia extract, omit the sweetener entirely.
This keto carrot cake is easy to make at home. The best part about this tasty keto dessert is its low-carb count and also serves a delicious purpose. If you want to save some time, try this gluten-free cake that is a treat for you and your family.