What to Look for in the Best Male Fertility Supplements
Male fertility and sperm development is a complex issue that manifests in various ways, such as in the formation of low sperm count, low quality sperm, a reduced libido, sperm motility, low testosterone, and even erectile disjunction. This condition is attributed to various causes: dietary constraints, fitness, stress, diseases, and poor general health. While infertility is not treatable, there are ways to increase the chances of conceiving and sperm health, such as improved diet, exercise, and fertility supplements.
Male fertility supplements have been proven to provide various benefits towards improved fertility levels. These benefits are unique to different supplements based on their composition in the form of critical nutrients and vitamins. The best supplements for male fertility contains the most extensive variety of nutrients and vitamins, each providing a specific advantage to male fertility. The following are the vitamins and nutrients that a person should look for in supplements and their respective benefits towards improved fertility.
- Vitamin C. vitamin C is an essential component in male fertility due to its antioxidant characteristic. Since the human body does not produce this Vitamin on its own, it is critical to get it from the diet. Supplementation with Vitamin C has shown a significant increase in sperm count, sperm motility increased, and a substantial decrease in the number of deformed sperm cells.
- Zinc. Zinc is a crucial component in determining testosterone levels in the body. Low zinc levels in the male body are directly linked to fertility issues such as low sperm quality, sperm count, and decreased fertility rate. Supplements rich in zinc boosts sperm quality through stabilizing male hormones in the body. Additionally, it reverses undesirable effects in testosterone levels realized from intense activities such as workouts. Zinc is also a critical ingredient in muscle growth.
- Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is an essential element in cellular formation. It is linked to cellular energy production. This component increases sperm count due to high-level energy production at the cell level necessary for sperm cell formation. An effective fertility supplement should have Vitamin B12 as one of its components.
- Shilajit. Shilajit is designed to perform the role of increasing the probability of conception. The component increases balance, cognitive function, and increased energy levels, among other factors. It is found to be an effective supplement that increases the ability of the sperm to penetrate the egg, thus, increasing the chances for conception. Additionally, Shilajit increases the speed of the sperm, overall long-term health, and the shape of sperm cells.
- Natalist CoQ10. This component is essential for its antioxidant functions. It helps boost the quality of sperms and protection from long-term damage. Sperms can be damaged from oxidation factors, which adversely affect sperm motility. Therefore, natalist CoQ10 increases sperm health and quality while increasing sperm energy levels.
- Carnitine. This compound is linked to increased energy levels of the sperm cells owing to its amino acid derivation. This compound is usually found in the male reproductive system, where average levels in the body ensure sperm motility and other sperm parameters. It helps transport nutrients into the cells, breaks down, and converts them into energy used in cell growth. Increased energy levels, in turn, helps in improving sperm cells’ maturation and increase sperm motility. These characteristics of Carnitine make it a critical component in male reproductive health.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D is typically produced by the skin when exposed to direct sunlight. However, the skin may fail to make enough of this Vitamin, necessitating supplementation from other sources. Also, in some areas, the weather and work-related routines hinder the production of Vitamin due to reduced exposure to sunlight. Deficiency in Vitamin D has been linked to low sperm count and low quality of sperm produced. The Vitamin is vital in cell production and development, leading to sperm cell maturity. The Vitamin also provides benefits in overall reproductive health.
Other vital nutrients and compounds in male reproductive health include vitamin A, C, E, PQQ, selenium, lycopene, ashwagandha, and D-aspartic acid. The best male fertility supplement should have the widest variety of these nutrients in different combinations. It is advisable to get an expert to guide on the best supplement to use based on individual issues a person seeks to reach solutions through supplementation. It is also vital to note that these supplements are not a treatment for any disease; they solve various issues relating to their respective benefits. These benefits have been proven through numerous studies affirming their benefits to sperm health and other male reproductive health.