This is a simple recipe for a delicious yet nutritious soup. It will be best if you use homemade broth for this recipe. However, if that is not possible, buy the carton packed broth and not the canned ones.
Total preparation time – 35 minutes
Serves 4 people
- Chopped onion –1/2 large
- Minced garlic cloves – 4
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped carrots – 2
- Chopped celery ribs – 2
- Ground cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable broth – 4 cups
- Dry lentils, picked and rinsed – 1 cup
- Bay leaves – 2
- Fresh spinach (optional) – 5 ounces
- Pepper and salt as per taste
- Add olive oil in your pressure cooker, sauté garlic and onions in it, until onions become translucent.
- Add celery, carrots, and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add ground cumin and stir properly.
- Add lentils, vegetable broth, bay leaves, and close the pressure cooker. Bring up to pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to come down itself, and then open the lid.
- If you want, stir in the spinach leaves, and remove the bay leaves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Your soup is ready to serve.
Nutritional information – per serving:
- Calories – 258.8
- Calories from fat – 67
- Total fat – 7.5g
- Saturated fat – 1.0g
- Cholesterol – 0.0mg
- Sodium – 42.2mg
- Total carbohydrate – 35.3g
- Dietary fiber – 16.2g
- Sugars 3.6g
- Protein – 13.3g